IELTS EXAM PREPARATION
IELTS is internationally recognised accreditation, acknowledged in over 9,000 institutions in over 140 countries around the world. It is required for entrance to most English Universities or Colleges of Higher Education. It is also recognised by most international employers in global organisations and is the only language test accepted for immigration purposes by countries that require one.
CAMAS ENGLISH offers an 8 week skills based course of 20 or 30 lessons per week to ensure that your final test result reflects your true potential. The course makes it possible for you to perfect your skills and examination techniques in the four core language areas to be tested: speaking, listening, reading and writing. The focus of the course is on understanding, synthesising and using academic and factual language with a complete and solid preparation for the final tests.
Our experienced, dedicated trainers will motivate and encourage you, identifying your strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, you will be helped and shown how to develop your own independent study skills and will receive advice about the best access to reputable IELTS online support resources so that you can continue effective parallel self study outside the classroom in addition to your usual assignments.
Throughout your course, there will be constant score reports with an approximation of score range with diagnostic feedback reflecting official score reports. This will help you to track your progress and see just how close you are to your final objective.
By the end of the course, you will have had ample, frequent exposure to a great volume of practice tests, meaning that you will have a full understanding of what to expect in your final tests. Thanks to this familiarity with the tests you will be in a stronger position to manage all the questions with ease. Final tests can be taken in Malta every month and diplomas have a validity of 2 years.
IELTS EXAM PREPARATION
IELTS COURSE PROGRAMME:
• Fully comprehend specific points about all frequent IELTS topics
• Fully comprehend specific details in broadcast or recorded material at native speaker speed with different native speaker accents
• Fully comprehend details in the news, lectures, talks and discussions
• Comprehend implied and inferred meaning
• Comprehend more sophisticated directions and instructions
• Comprehend discourse including idioms and colloquialisms
• Avoid “distractors”.
• Fully comprehend factual, academic and professional material (graphs and statistical information, magazines and articles)
• Fully appreciate main details in official information sources (online web page, of cial texts)
• Skim material for general information
• Scan material for specific information
• Fully comprehend sub themes and supporting details in a text
• Paraphrase and synthesise the main points in a text
• Process information
• Avoid “distractors”.
• Speak extensively about all academic themes with uency and autonomy
• Respond to questions with or without provided information
• Express detailed, supported opinion
• Make suggestions and propose solutions
• Develop ordered arguments and integrate sub themes
• Incorporate a wide range of collocations and colloquialism
• Eliminate false friends whilst speaking
• Provide convincing conclusions.
• Write formal, structured academic essays which analyse and assess topic based issues
• Write detailed and factual descriptions of graphs and statistics
• Present and justify hypotheses
• Fully synthesise, paraphrase and evaluate information
• Eliminate false friends whilst writing
• Make full use of proof reading and editing skills.
• Past, present and future tenses
• Passive forms
• Modal verbs
• Conditional forms
• Phrasal Verbs and prepositional phrases
• Adverbs and adverbial phrases
• Prepositional phrases
• Comparative and superlative forms
• Inversion fronting (after negative and restrictive adverbials).
• Lifestyle and current affairs
• Weather conditions and effects
• Environmental concerns
• The media
• Social issues
• Scientific, technological and medical development.
You have Upper Intermediate level corresponding to IELTS 5-6.5 in your current band level and you want to succeed in your examination plans with optimal results, showing your true potential with flying colours
• From 1 to +24 weeks
• You are well organised and have time management skills
• You are motivated and dynamic
• You can respect deadlines
• You work well under pressure
• Quality, experienced trainers
• Dynamic and real examination focused atmosphere
• Contextualised communicative training
• Full student interaction in and examination simulation in small groups
• Best updated examination material on the market
• Provision of complete necessary resources
• Regular practice tests
• Constant progress check monitoring
• Face to face personalised progress assessment